tl;dr - What I planned to do and What I’ve done
The plan was:
- Get at least 10 more leads -
failed, get 3 more leadsdone, new idea generated 7 new leads, so in general we’ve got 10!
- Prepare for first module recording - done
- Test and choose course platform - in progress
- Record webinar - done
1. New Leads
I’ve run few more ads on fb to get more leads. Spend about 100 zł for that but didn’t see any good results. I see that my free activity on groups get more attention than ads. So failed here, but I will try new way next week 💪 Or even today I setup landing page and start promoting it, couse it could be sth that every dev would love to subscribe to.
Update on monday morning: Yesterday I’ve setup new idea for getting leads. Or to be honest the idea wasn’t new because I use it in my Hikers Club community but there I’m sending hiking news every week on friday and here I will send Dev News every Tuesday 🔥 Want to join DevNews? Every Tuesday Dev News on your Mail: JOIN HERE. So I’ve set everyting up in like an hour or so, and posted few comments and posts on dev groups on facebook. I woke up in the morning and see that 7 more leads join my list 🔥
2. Prepare for first module recording
I’ve fill my agenda with some more details. I also decided to add module 0 - “101” - in which I’ll make the introduction, and share some basics about skills that every dev should have. I also explain why I divide skills for soft and hard, and why it’s important to develop both of them.
3. Test and choose course platform
I’ve created account in WebToLearn and briefly recognize the platform. It can be good platform to start but it take some time to configure everything. I’m happy that I started looking for platform that early, It probably save me some stress in the future. I continue tests next week and configure platform. I’ll let you know how it goes 😉
4. Record webinar
Spent few hours and recorded 1h of video. Now my Bro will do post production and the sales video will be ready.
I’ve made a sumup on our Firestartes Discord, about last 4 week, I’ve also post it here:
- I would continue to postpone the idea of the course “for sometime”: if there are better conditions, more time, as the vision becomes clear
- If I started, I would spend too much time on various configurations, fine-tuning details, etc.
4 weeks after taking part in the competition:
- I started a blog
- The idea for the entire course is clear, the first version of the agenda is ready
- I validated the course idea with the questionnaire and 1: 1
- I prepared a video lead magnet and received positive feedback on it
- I collected the first e-mail addresses
- I created the landing page for subscribing to the mailing list + first fb ads
- I made a presentation for the webinar, I’m planning to record this weekend
- I initially chose the platform on which I will run the course
- I plan to record the first module next week
All this in 4 weeks, combined with a full-time job, marathon trainings and almost 3 months old baby, WOW! 🔥
Finance and Tools
- Canva - Creating graphics
- Screencast o matic - Recording video
- Mailerlite - Mailing and landing page
- Youtube - Hosting for lead magnet video
- Fb Ads - Ads
- WebToLearn - for course hosting - testing
Finance: Spent (from start):
- Ads: 233 zł
- Screencast o matic - 28 zł
Leads: 20 email addresses.
Plans for next week
- Try new way to get leads
- Prepare release plan
- Set up course platform
- Record 1st module
The motivation to start such a project was holiday contest organized in one of the communities I’m part of. It’s called Firestarters: https://transparentworld.pl/firestarters/ the polish community of entrepreneurs
All for now! Have a nice day and see you soon! Jacob